Blogs

Commentary Box – Limited opportunities in franchise cricket

South African cricket has unearthed some of the brightest talent over the past decade with Faf du Plessis, Kagiso Rabada, Vernon Philander and more coming through the ranks of franchise cricket up to the national team. Six franchises, The Lions, Titans, Dolphins, Warriors, Cobras and Knights currently compete in the senior provincial franchise cricket set

Commentary box: Impatience leads to imperfection

Patience is a virtue. This is a time-tested saying that has rung true throughout the ages. About 99% of the population has heard this saying and have used it to great effect. Who is the other 1% you might ask? Football owners, managers and some die-hard football fans. Why? You only have to look at

Kwetter-rondomtalie: Die Prez se gerieflike grondwetlike geheueverlies

Tydens ‘n vraag- en antwoordsessie van die Nasionale Vergadering begin Oktober 2016 weeklaag die President teenoor die Speaker, “Mamma hulle boelie my, al wat ek wil doen is om my grondwetlike plig na te kom en die vrae te antwoord soos wat, ingevolge my grondwetlike verpligtinge van my verwag word. Hulle is lelik met my, want hulle wil my nie ‘n kansie gee nie”.
Tendai Ndoro in action for Mpumalanga Black Aces in 2014.

Commentary box: Sports writers are talent scouts

The first time I could call myself a proper Premier Soccer League (PSL) writer was during 2014 when I received my first PSL media accreditation. Before then I dabbled in blogging about local football and watched countless matches on TV. But now with this media pass I was ready to write for an actual publication.

Carletonville HeraldParys GazetteSedibeng SterVaal Weekblad
Top